Sasha & Rasha
• Surrendered to the Shelter on September 14, 2017.
October 16, 2017:
Rasha is gone. I left Sasha II in the pen with her so she would know she was gone. Before shutting the shelter down I put Sasha II back in her cage.
October 15, 2017:
Tic and old Sasha are doing better this morning. Rasha is not, I did give her a Dex shot this morning but I believe she is shutting down. Her sissy wanted out of the pen this morning so I let her out, cleaned up Rasha and set her back into the pen.
September 26, 2017:
Sasha and Rasha are doing much better and eating all of their soup now they are on meds.
September 24, 2017:
Sasha and Rasha have been off for 2 days - neither of them wanted soup this morning so I decided I would check their BG at 9:30 this morning.
Sasha was 30 Rasha registered Low. I gave them both a Dex shot put them in the playpen to keep an eye on them. When I put them in their cage a noon they were responsive and moving around much better, they ate the soup I offered them tonight.
September 14, 2017:
AM: Today, I will get ready for the new girls coming in late this afternoon, I will start them with soup, if they are stable on just soup, if not, I will do a BG to see where they are - their medical records state they took BG and their numbers were 36 and 35 respectively. They do not have them on meds.. I don't like to hurt them (take blood) when they first come in. sometimes I don't have a choice. PM: The girls are here. Pete got here a few minutes before 4. They do not look bad at all. They are tiny but their coats are in good shape. The DEW is showing signs of Adrenal disease but that could be from a poor diet too. They are spending the night in the playpen. I have no idea if they got any out time where they were.
I offered them soup, the sable girl dove into the bowl, the DEW ate what I offered off the dropper but did not want to eat it out of the bowl. It was getting late, I did not go get a shallow dish - I will see if she eats soup on her own from a shallow dish in the morning.
Initial Contact, September 6, 2017:
We got a call from Tompkins County SPCA last night, they have 2 ferrets. Megan wanted to know if we could take them. I told her we would. Megan, said she needed to take our answer to the powers that be.